Monday, November 17, 2008

What A Great Weekend!!

After 2 1/2 months of Sunday rehearsals a beautiful concert came to life. I was asked this past July by the General Music Committee of the church to conduct a Relief Society choir. Well, this past Friday, November 14, it came to fruition. A beautiful choir of 120 women from Taylorsville sang their hearts out in the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. It was so cool because I got to conduct present, alumni and mothers of students I have or am currently teaching. Also came a group of new women that were so much fun to teach and get to know. We sang compositions from women around the country, and what an honor. My great friend Bonnie was my accompanist. What a pair we made. It was so spiritual and uplifting and I am so glad I was given the opportunity. My dear sweet husband Glenn was there and my parents came from New Mexico which made it a perfect evening. I am still on a high from that awesome experience.

Me acting goofy in the rehearsal I am sure!!!!


The awesome alto section. What a fun group of ladies I got to work with.

My dear sweet friend and accompanist Bonnie Moore. (above) And a new dear friend Julie Jensen. (below)




Bonnie and her sweet daughter Stephanie.(who is the worlds best page turner.)












11 comments:

Marcie said...

What a great honor. I bet it was beautiful. Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Wow! What an honor that must have been for you T!! You and Bonnie together do make a great pair! I sure wish I were in SL to have witnessed it! Now good luck to you this December. I know you're going to be super busy with Mads AND a baby's first Christmas! What fun that will be!

Bonnie Moore said...

I can't even begin to say in words the fabulous experience I had working with you again, dear friend, for the RS choir concert. Each rehearsal lifted me up spiritually and musically. I love accompanying for you! I love the video clips of Austyn--next time I get to SLC I'm coming to play. keep smiling! :-)

Erin said...

You looked like you were having such a wondreful time! The music was beautiful!!

JasonBingham said...

Hey Leah,
Petty neat blog. Congrats
Jason

Marissa said...

So fabulous! I was sad to have missed out-but I will be keeping an ear out for the next exciting thing you do! :)

Lamb Family said...

I'll bet it was beautiful. I got to sit in on one practice and it was beautiful. Wish I could have been around to participate with you. You are sooooo talented!!!

Blass Family said...

Wow I was blog stocking and came uponyour blog! I am an old student of your from 2001 2002. I just want you to know you LOOK AMAZING!!! congrats on the RS choir.

Anonymous said...

Yeah leah!!! I found your blog! hope it is okay... So i hope u enjoy my blog(S) and all the updates. I hope and look forward to seeing comments left on my post. Maybe! who knows!

Melinda said...

Well hello! This is Melinda Witt GArdner and I found your blog on Kim LAmbs and I peeked at yours and your little girl is so adorable! I hope you don't mind me looking! If you want to look at ours email me at
melinda-gardner@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite!

Ali said...

Hi Mrs Tarrant, I found your blog through Juli's. I just wanted to say hi and your little Austyn is SO dang adorable!! And you look amazing!! It was fun seeing what you are up to. Take care!

Alisha (Porter) Olsen